What is the BAR Score?
BAR stands for Benefits Attraction and Retention and is represented by an overall score calculated by analyzing hundreds of variables and comparing benefits against 10,000+ employer plans.
How to Generate a BAR Score:
To generate a BAR Score for a group, ensure the groups is fully updated in CloudAdvisors with all available group's benefit plan details including:
- Benefit Plan Booklets from Providers for all Divisions and Classes
- Retirement Plan Details
- Any Additional Benefits - EAP, Second Opinion, HSA, etc.
- Some groups may not have an eligible BAR Score and are excluded from the ranking because there are insufficient plan details.
- Groups with only a Health Care Spending Account and no formal benefits plan are currently not eligible for a BAR Score Ranking.
- The score is dynamic and will change with updates to other employee benefit plans. Making changes to your own plan, such as addressing gaps, risk and opportunities identified in the Plan Insights will boost your score and overall national ranking.
How to view the BAR Scores for Clients:
On the left hand menu of the platform, click on CALEB Assistant and select BAR Score.
To View the BAR score for a specific Group, enter your client name into the Group search bar
Note: Type four letters/spaces to generate the dropdown list - for example, if the group name is "Dunder Mifflin," type "Dund" and the group name will generate in the dropdown list to be selected.
The BAR Score will generate as GREEN (top 25% of benefit plans) Amber (plan is outdated and ready for improvements) or RED (plan needs immediate review).
Generate a BAR Score Report:
Enter your client name in the Group into the search bar, select Build Reports and drop down the menu under Plan Insights to view the BAR Score report.
Click Generate Report.
Sample of the BAR Score Report:
Once the report successfully loads, click "Save Report" to save it to your Manage Reports section.
If you require changes to the report, click "Build Reports" and return to the previous screen.
Once saved your report will be available in Manage Reports to preview, download, or share directly to your client contacts through the platform.
For further questions, please contact our team email@example.com